10 Commandments of Healthy Eating
Want to cleanse your mind, body and spirit from impurities? Tired of those troublesome toxins? Peruse through our list of easy-peasy lemon squeezy recipes that you can smoothly incorporate into your life. These days, nobody has the time to spend a chunk of their time wondering what to eat, how to cook, where to buy and how much to spend. Instead, take baby steps and follow our ten commandments to seamlessly infuse health and vitality into your routine.
- Cut back on the meat – These days, meat such as chicken is chockfull of growth hormones and other impurities that can negatively impact your own hormones, leading to problems such as polycystic ovary syndrome in women. Try adopting a no-meat day once or twice a week, and gorge on delicious vegetarian options instead!
- Purchase Organic Goods – Many cringe at the idea of spending extra on wholesome food, but when you invest in organic food, you end up saving bucket loads of money on future healthcare and treatment costs. This is because organic food is free from pesticides, hormones and other chemicals that not only mistreat your body, but the planet around you.
- Cut back on processed food – Goods found in boxes or cans might be convenient, but they are loaded on high fructose corn syrup, which leads to diabetes, obesity, heart and blood pressure problems etc.
- Purchase local foods – Foods grown locally are fresher and therefore contain more vitamins and minerals. Not only that, they also help promote the local food industry and farmers as well as increase plant diversity. What’s not to love?
- Ready, Steady, Cook! – The most straightforward and easy way to nourish your body is by cooking your own food. That way, you know exactly what you’re putting in your body, and can cut back on the added calories and fats.
- Tuesday Treats – Save one day in the week as your cheat day, in order to control your cravings and keep a check on that pesky sweet tooth. Instead of completely banning processed foods such as chocolates or crisps from your life, consume them in moderation instead. This ends up being a habit that is much more sustainable than sudden restrictions on our bodies.
- Portion Control – Cut back 1/3rd of what you normally eat if you wish to trim that excess fat and stay in shape. This is especially true for calorie-laden food that is difficult to say no to completely. The trick is to eat everything that you love and enjoy, but to do so without being excessive.
- Incorporate The Fat – Yes, you heard us right. You need to eat fat in order to lose fat, but before you go out and purchase a dozen cheesecakes, hear us out first. By incorporating healthy fats into your diet, such as those found from oils, natural butters, fish etc., you enhance your basal metabolic rate and burn calories even whilst resting!
- Bulk It Up – A nifty trick that saves you a lot of cash and encourages you to eat healthy, home-cooked food is to buy grains, lentils, rice, flour etc. in bulk. These food items have long shelf lives hence can be stored in cool, dark areas and are much more affordable when bought in bulk.
- Hydrate, Hydrate and Hydrate some more! – The benefits of drinking water can never be stressed enough, and it truly is a miracle potion that will help you lose weight, digest foods more easily, moisturize your skin, increase nutrient absorption rate, boost your nervous activity, prevent a plethora of diseases, make your skin glow…and the list goes on! Buy a liter bottle and carry it with you whenever you go, as this is cheaper than buying water each time, and acts as a reminder to fuel up!
Hope you enjoyed these helpful hints!