It gives your child that yummy new baby smell. It feels good on their skin. And all your family and friends are using it on their own babies. But is it the healthiest choice?
Bnatural is a start-up based out of Lahore that aims to address a critical gap in the local market – non-availability of natural and organic baby skincare products. As parents ourselves, we couldn’t fail to notice that basic baby skincare products that line supermarket shelves, no matter how upscale, contain ingredients that are known to cause harm.
Here’s a checklist of nasty ingredients regular children’s products contain:
- Parabens: These agents, added to increase product shelf life, can alter or disrupt vital bodily functions such as growth, development, reproduction, and brain function.
- SLS/SLES: These toxic sulphates create the foamy appearance that consumers equate with effectiveness; can irritate eyes and skin, and long-term use can cause cancer.
- Phthalates: These can cause impaired production of testosterone, which may affect behavior, development and fertility.
- Formaldehyde: Short-term exposure to this chemical can cause skin irritation, wheezing, watery eyes, and burning in the nose. This chemical is considered a probable cancer-causing agent.
These lovely-smelling everyday baby products with adorable packaging–including shampoos, lotions, bath gels, sunscreens, etc.–contain ingredients that can be extremely harmful. The top layer of a baby’s skin is 30% thinner than an adult’s, which means they absorb ingredients much more readily than we do. When we use any sort of product on our baby’s skin, the ingredients absorb into their bodies. And since toxic ingredients are harder to break down, it can contribute to the weakening of our baby’s immune systems, behavior, skin health, and much more.
We at Bnatural pride ourselves on being the pioneers in this market and are the brand of choice for parents who want to ensure that they keep their children safe from everyday harm.
We guarantee that our products do not contain any harmful chemicals. Additionally, our products are:
- Dermatologically tested for non-irritation
- Not tested on animals
- Free of alcohol, gluten and dairy